Congresswoman Lee Welcomes the Opening of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s 2019 Annual Legislative Conference
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, Congresswoman Barbara Lee released the following statement ahead of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s 2019 Annual Legislative Conference where she will serve as an honorary co-host for four panel discussions and receive several awards, including the 2019 Phoenix Co-Chair Award:
“This year’s Annual Legislative Conference takes on special meaning as we mark the 400th anniversary of enslaved Africans arriving on our shores. I’m excited to gather with my colleagues from around the country to address the most pressing issues in the African American community – ranging from the legacy of the failed War on Drugs to health disparities facing our friends and families.”
Congresswoman Lee will participate in the following ALC panels as an honorary co-host:
- Thursday, September 12, 2019:
- From The War On Drugs To Restorative Justice: Ensuring Racial And Social Equity In The Cannabis Industry, Convention Center: Room 103-B, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- 400 Years Later: Truth, Racial Healing, And Transformation, Convention Center: Room 140-A, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Friday, September 13, 2019
- HIV/AIDS Brain Trust, Convention Center, Room 140-A Max, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- CBC Tech 2020 Techwork: Meet Black Employees Changing The Game, Convention Center: Ballroom
Congresswoman Lee will also be receiving several awards during the conference:
- The 2019 Phoenix Co-Chair Award from CBCF, granted to individuals who have demonstrated unselfish leadership and social responsibility to underserved communities around the world.
- The Champions of Change Award from Color of Change, honoring Congresswoman Lee’s lifelong commitment to justice.
- Women Who Light Fires Award.
Next Article Previous Article