Congresswoman Barbara Lee Advances Over $10 Million in Appropriations Spending Bills for California’s 13th District
Washington, DC – Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13), senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, celebrated the inclusion of funding for projects across California’s 13th district in this year’s Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Appropriations Bills.
Congresswoman Lee successfully fought for this funding to be included through several Appropriations subcommittees, including Labor, Health and Human Services, Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and more.
“In order for our nation to build back bolder from this pandemic and economic crisis, we must take this opportunity to strengthen our infrastructure, public health services, and cultural institutions,” said Congresswoman Barbara Lee. “I’m proud to have secured critical funding in this year’s FY22 Appropriations bills for housing, public health services, and violence prevention programs in California’s 13th district. It is more important than ever that we make bold investments to support the health and well-being of our community.”
CA-13 Community Based Projects:
- $500,000 – East Bay Performing Arts for music education, City of Oakland, CA
- $1,250,000 – West Oakland Health Council for facilities and equipment, Alameda County, CA
- $350,000 – Oakland LGBTQ Community Center for facilities and equipment, City of Oakland, CA
- $500,000 – Youth ALIVE! and Community & Youth Outreach (CYO), City of Oakland, CA
- $1,000,000 – Oakland Cultural and Commercial Corridor Recovery Project, City of Oakland, CA
- $1,230,000 – Oakland Mental Health Resilience Project, City of Oakland, CA
- $1,000,000 – African American Holistic Resource Center, City of Berkeley, CA
- $2,000,000 – Affordable Housing Development/Corporation Yard Environmental Clean-Up and Improvements, City of Emeryville, CA
- $1,500,000 – Veteran’s Court Seawall for construction design, City of Alameda, CA
- $1,000,000 – Trash Capture Project to install full trash capture devices, City of San Leandro, CA
Next Article Previous Article