Help with a Federal Agency
Congresswoman Lee's first priority is to serve her constituents. Many people do not realize the extent to which a Congressional Office can be of assistance in any given situation.
Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate the complex structure of the federal government. Congresswoman Lee's district office in Oakland can help you obtain reliable information, find forms, and make inquiries on your behalf with federal agencies. Although a particular outcome can not be guaranteed, the office is committed to helping you receive a fair and timely response to your concern.
Assistance with a federal agency is often referred to as "Casework," which is handled exclusively by the district office in Oakland. Please fill out the following online form to request assistance from the office via e-mail, or, for urgent matters, please call the district office directly at 510-763-0370.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
First visit the FAQ page in order to determine if Congresswoman Lee's office is the appropriate resource to assist you with your needs. Please use the links below for more information on how the office can help you on a range of issues.
- Active Military Services
- Department of Labor/ Workers' Compensation
- Federal Employee Assistance
- Immigration, Citizenship, and Passport Services
- IRS & Taxes
- Medicare Benefits
- Social Security
- Veterans Services
Additional Web Resources
info.gov – Answers to questions about Federal programs, benefits and services
usa.gov – The U.S. Government’s official web portal
gobiernousa.gov - The U.S. Government’s official web portal in Spanish
www.benefits.gov – US Government assistance programs
disability.gov – U.S. Government’s disability-related information and resources
Office of the Governor of California
California State Assembly - click here to find your district
California State Senate - click here to find your district
Alameda County Registrar of Voters
Alameda County Office of Education
Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority
Association of Bay Area Governments
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.