Congresswoman Barbara Lee Named to Conference Committee for Homeland Security by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Barbara Lee was named as one of six House Democratic Members serving on a conference committee for homeland security. The committee members, along with Democratic and Republican members from the House and Senate, will work over the next several weeks to negotiate government funding for homeland security.
Congresswoman Lee will serve on the conference committee with the following Democratic Members:
- Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Nita Lowey of New York
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security Chairwoman Lucille Roybal-Allard of California
- Congressman David Price of North Carolina
- Congressman Henry Cuellar of Texas
- Congressman Pete Aguilar of California